Erik ten Hag has confirmed Aaron Wan-Bissaka will stay at Manchester United and while he believes their deal is done for the summer, he doesn’t rule out further action before the transfer window closes.
Wan-Bissaka has been linked with a move from Old Trafford, with former club Crystal Palace keen to re-sign him after losing his first-team spot at United.
The 24-year-old has made just one substitute appearance so far this season, with Diogo Dalot the preferred choice at right-back under Ten Hag.
However, the Red Devils manager is keeping Wan-Bissaka as his second choice at right-back beyond Thursday’s transfer deadline.
“Obviously Aaron is still there and will be,” Ten Hag said Wednesday at a press conference ahead of Thursday’s clash with Leicester.
“So, that squad will go from September to at least January, but we’re going to play with that squad this season.”
Ten Hag expects the signings to end with the arrival of Ajax’s Antony and Newcastle United’s Martin Dubravka, both hoping to feature in the squad for Sunday’s clash with Arsenal at Old Trafford.
They will join fellow newcomers Lisandro Martinez, Casemiro, Christian Eriksen and Tyrell Malacia in a busy summer for United and while Ten Hag believes it’s likely the end of their business, he won’t rule anything out.
“I think for that window [Antony and Martin Dubravka] would be the end, but when a big opportunity comes along, you always have to be alert at this top club,” he said.
For more stories like this, visit our sports page.
Follow Metro Sport for the latest news
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.