It`s Fight Night in New York City. Madison Square Garden is prepared to etch its modern-day bankruptcy in fight lore into the records books on Saturday night time while UFC makes its annual experience to the world’s maximum well-known area. UFC 281 lands in New York.
Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira UFC 281
The predominant occasion sees one of the merchandising’s largest stars go back to an area that helped provide him his kickstart as middleweight champion Israel Adesanya takes on Alex Pereira. Adesanya has run via pretty much each pinnacle fighter at 185 pounds, however now he faces a former foe who beat him two times in kickboxing, which include a devastating knockout.
The champion hailing from New Zealand has been almost best seeing that becoming a member of the merchandising as a middleweight. His lone slip up got here in a one-sided defeat towards Jan Blachowicz in a bid to come to be a -department champion at mild heavyweight. Outside of that blip, Adesanya has overwhelmed each unmarried growing challenger withinside the 185-pound department, which include of them two times (Robert Whittaker and Marvin Vettori).
UFC 281 info
- Date: Nov. 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden — New York City
- Start time: 10 p.m. ET (Main card)
- How to watch: ESPN+ PPV | Price: $74.99
Adesanya vs Pereira: Weigh-in results
A relaxed Adesanya hit championship weight at 185 pounds at Friday’s weigh-in.
Pereira waited to the last minute to take to the scales but also made it at 184.6 pounds.
Elsewhere, Poirier weighed in at 156 while Chandler was slightly lighter at 155.8.
UFC 281 fight card, odds
- Israel Adesanya (c) -220 vs. Alex Pereira +180, middleweight
- Weili Zhang -340 vs. Carla Esparza (c) +270, (women’s strawweight championship)
- Dustin Poirier -230 vs. Michael Chandler +190, (lightweight)
- Chris Gutierrez -230 vs. Frankie Edgar +190, (bantamweight)
- Dan Hooker -155 vs. Claudio Puelles +130, (lightweight)
- Renato Moicano -125 vs. Brad Riddell +105, (lightweight)
- Dominick Reyes -220 vs. Ryan Spann +180, (light heavyweight)
- Erin Blanchfield -400 vs. Molly McCann +310, (women’s flyweight)
- Andre Petroski -200 vs. Wellington Turman +170, (middleweight
- Silvana Gomez Juarez -115 vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz -105, (women’s strawweight)
- Choi Seung-woo -170 vs. Michael Trizano +145, (featherweight)
- Ottman Azaitar -150 vs. Matt Frevola +125, (lightweight)
- Montel Jackson -200 vs. Julio Arce +170, (bantamweight)
- Carlos Ulberg -140 vs. Nicolae Negumereanu +120, (light heavyweight)